WRITING SERVICES ON CRITICAL THINKING ESSAY TOPICS
During your academic life at one point you may be asked to attempt critical thinking essay topics which are quite different from the traditional type of essays. Critical thinking refers to the reasonable and reflective type of thinking that analyses a topic deeper and giving a different insight on the whole topic that another person may not have realized.
Writing this kind of essay, it is demanded that you choose a favorable topic and use critical thinking to analyze the topic. You are required to dig deeper into the topic and analyze all the strengths and weaknesses that concern the topic.
It is much different than the other normal essays where you can state an opinion or topic without giving sufficient reasons why you have said or supported it. Therefore, writing of this kind of essays requires skill and guidelines that when followed will enable one to produce excellent results.
Tips for preparing to write
- Choose the right topic: it is important to choose a right topic that you will be able to analyses well with ease, and one that you consider might have content that you can be able to research into. Choosing the right topic can be guided by what your instructor requires you to achieve at the end of the exercise, therefore, keep that in mind. Also, you can choose a good topic basing on the audience that you are targeting. Most importantly make sure that you choose a topic that interests you since it will be easier to work on it.
- Perform critical analysis on the topic: once you have chosen the topic that you are going to tackle in the critical thinking essay topic the next step is to have a deep analysis on that topic. Get to know all that concerns the topic without leaving anything behind. Exercise your mind to take a look on the topic and come up with detailed information that concerns If the possible search for other materials that have relevant information concerning the topic.
- Take notes: as you are analyzing the topic and researching it on other sources make notes on a separate platform so that when it comes to writing the final draft, you will have reminders of what you intend to write and at the same time have a neat and organized flow of content. After taking the notes, go through them and identify the strong points that will help your essay and those weak points that will act as supporting text for your essay.
- Search for reliable and credible sources: for such essays, one needs to provide an analysis that is based on facts and at the same time facts that have been offered by experts in the topic that you are writing on. Therefore looking for sources to get your information is important and at the same time be sure that it has been reviewed by experts. The best move is to go the library and search for materials which will be suggested by the librarian. Although, the internet is an easier way for one to acquire information it should be done with caution since many people who post the information are not experts in the field since there are no restrictions to the posting.
- Thesis statement: for any type of essay work a thesis statement is important and more so for the critical essays. Create a tentative thesis statement that will appear at the end of your introduction paragraph. The thesis statement will generalize your critical opinion on the topic and give the reader a preview of what the rest of the body will be discussing about. Make sure that the thesis statement provides enough information.
- Paragraphing: each and every paragraph in the essay should consist of a single evidence that is aiming at explaining or supporting the thesis statement. The paragraphs should have a topic statement that captures the attention of the reader and at the same time give them a small synopsis of what you are going to talk about in the rest of the paragraph. The introduction paragraph should consist of a background information on the topic so as to familiarize the reader on the topic that you have chosen.
- Conclusion: the last paragraph should consist of the concluding phrases that reinstate the thesis statement and at the same time summarize the whole job.
Ask a question
Thinking critically about consumer behavior and producing a strong essay on the subject is a tough challenge. It involves studying marketing principles, human psychology and the complex attitudes which influence buyer decisions. However, the challenging factor multiplies if you had left things up to the last minute. As a result, the simple task of coming up with a title for your essay will be problematic. Do not worry though; the following lines are here to help.
Here is a list of 20 topics which will help you write a great critical thinking essay on consumer behavior. You can use these as is or merge two inter-related ones if you think you can do them justice. You can also use these 20 titles for inspiration and come up with your own unique topic.
- Using Unorthodox Marketing Channels in Brand Building
- Relying on Celebrity Endorsement as a Marketing Strategy
- A Comparative Analysis of the Buying Habits of Men and Women
- Building Brand Loyalty: Challenges, Theories and Success Stories
- Psychological Factors Which Influence Consumer Choice
- How Studying Consumer Behavior Can Help Companies Predict Future Trends
- The Challenges and Opportunities Presented by Today’s Constantly Evolving Markets
- Understanding the Digitally Hyper-Connected Generation Z Consumers
- How the Internet Changed Consumer Behavior
- Cultural Diversity and Consumer Behavior: Highlighting the Impact and Major Concerns
- The Differences and Similarities of B2B and B2C Marketing
- The Emergence and Importance of Brand Personalities
- Important Factors to Consider When Creating Advertising Campaigns
- The Role of Personality Variables in a Consumer’s Buying Decisions
- Analysis of Strategies Used to Alter Consumer Attitudes
- The Growing Impact of Internet Marketing on Consumer Behavior
- The Impact of a Store’s Environment on Consumer Behavior
- The Era of Adaptive Customer Experience: How Relevancy and Personalization of Buying Experience Helps Build Brand Loyalty
- Regaining Consumer Trust after Business Disasters: The Lessons Learned from Businesses
- The Role of Consumer Insights in Making Marketing More Effective
A word of advice: these topics have a broad scope. Though it would have been much easier for us to come up with narrow topics, we focused on broader perspectives to easily customize each topic. To effectively narrow down the scope:
- Focus on a specific impact factor.
- Narrow down according to a company.
- Restrict your topic to a particular country or region.
- Focus on one population generation.
If you are still having trouble with selecting a topic, check out our list of 13 facts on consumer behavior for a critical thinking essay. You will find a ton of interesting facts which will greatly help you while drafting your essay.
Still need a nudge? Then here is a sample critical essay on consumer behavior. Use it as an example or as a template for your assignment. The more detailed guide on how to write a critical thinking essay on consumer behavior will further ensure that you get a great grade for your essay.
Sample Critical Thinking Essay: The Impact of a Store’s Environment on Consumer Behavior
Not long ago, consumers used to focus simply on products functions or attributes before selecting a place to shop at. This has changed recently as now consumers demand added beneficial elements. This is especially true considering the fact that today’s buyers understand how much brands need their businesses. One aspect which they desire the most is a pleasant atmosphere as they shop. Realizing this growing demand, today’s retailers are working harder than ever to integrate convenience into their stores’ surroundings and to ensure huge spaces that spare consumers from feeling stuck or confined as they shop.
By definition, atmosphere is a term used to explain consumers’ feelings towards the shopping experience. It can also be described as a design which produces emotional effects on the buyer, enhancing their purchasing probability. Based on these definitions, it is safe to say that an attractive and impressive atmosphere has the power to create an enjoyable experience among consumers, positively affecting their buying decisions and incurring retailers more revenue.
There are a set of factors which contribute to the effectiveness of a retail store’s atmosphere. A majority, if not all, should be present to ensure consumers a good shopping experience and keep them captivated enough to come back for more in the future. First off, cleanliness is vital for the atmosphere of the store. Customers are bound to create negative word of mouth if they notice even the slightest speck on product displays or floors. This is because cleanliness of outlets portrays a brand’s dedication to comfort and luxury.
Music is another factor that can make or break a retail store’s atmosphere. The sounds can impact consumers’ conscious and unconscious decisions. Styles and tempos of music can influence consumers to buy more at retail outlets. Moreover, pleasant music can lengthen consumption time whereas loud music will drive them away. As music selections and their sound levels differ based on gender as well, stores need to put much thought into what they play in order to ensure buyers of a great environment.
Appearances are also taken into consideration while shopping in traditional stores. Contributing to this factor are lighting, colors used, and displays/layout. Lighting goes beyond highlighting products to generating excitement and positively impacting consumer purchasing behavior. Consumers tend to touch products when good lighting shines on them to assess quality. Color is also important for building feelings and affecting consumer attitudes as it has the power to stimulate memories, thoughts, and experiences. For instance, red tends to portray negativity and tension, which is why it is hardly used in comparison with greens and blues. Finally, products are displayed in a way that attracts customers to make impulse purchases. In fact, design and display of products contribute one fourth sales of the outlets.
Unfortunately, not many store owners understand the value of the atmosphere and its impact on consumer behavior. As a result, they remain stagnant and refuse to change. On the other hand, some stores make wrong decisions that cost them their clientele. Therefore, this is one aspect that needs to be tackled with care so that stores can truly reap benefits.
Of course, you can come up with a better essay since you understand the subject well and have your instructor’s guidelines in mind. So, go on and write a critical thinking essay before your deadline.
Peterson, H. (2016). Millennials Are Old News — Here’s Everything You Should Know About Generation Z. Business Insider. Retrieved 26 March 2016, from http://www.businessinsider.com/generation-z-spending-habits-2014-6
Priest, J., Carter, S., & Statt, D. (2016). Consumer Behaviour (1st ed.). Edinburgh: Edinburgh Business School. Retrieved from https://www.ebsglobal.net/EBS/media/EBS/PDFs/Consumer-Behaviour-Course-Taster.pdf
Solomon, M. (1999). Consumer behaviour. Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Prentice Hall.
Yarrow, K. Decoding the new consumer mind.
Schiffman, L.G. (1993), Consumer Behaviour, Prentice Hall International, London.
Schwartz, Barry (2004), The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less, Ecco, New York.
Elizabeth A. Minton, Lynn R. Khale (2014). Belief Systems, Religion, and Behavioural Economics. New York: Business Expert Press LLC.ISBN 978-1-60649-704-3.
5 Things Every Marketer Should Know About Mobile Commerce. (2016). comScore, Inc. Retrieved 28 March 2016, from https://www.comscore.com/esl/Insights/Blog/5-Things-Every-Marketer-Should-Know-About-Mobile-Commerce
Nielsen,. (2016). The Mobile Consumer-A Global Snapshot. Nielsen. Retrieved from http://www.nielsen.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en/reports-downloads/2013%20Reports/Mobile-Consumer-Report-2013.pdf
Sorofman, J., Polk, J., & Newbold-Knipp, K. (2016). Digital Commerce Primer for 2016. Gartner.com. Retrieved 28 March 2016, from https://www.gartner.com/doc/3189320/digital-commerce-primer-
5.00 avg. rating (91% score) - 1 vote
Tags: critical thinking essay ideas, critical thinking essay topics