Ready to apply? Once you have reviewed the admissions requirements, apply online at Cal State Apply.
Cal State Apply
Sonoma State University is a small, welcoming campus dedicated to the liberal arts and sciences. Students enjoy a high-quality education that features close interactions with faculty, research, and internship opportunities. SSU strives to graduate students who are ready to pursue fulfilling careers in our changing world, and who are prepared to make informed decisions that benefit their own lives, as well as the lives of their families and communities.
Fall 2018 Important Information & Dates
- April 7- Seawolf Decision Day: Campus-wide open house for admitted freshmen and transfer students. Register today!
- May 1- Enrollment Reservation Deposit (ERD) Due: Keep on top of admissions and enrollment deadlines by following Stay on Track
- Undergraduate ERD Hardship Deferment: If you are unable to pay the ERD at this time, you may request a Hardship deferment. Please refer to the Hardship form for qualifications, payment specifications, and instructions
- Fall 2018 deadlines for graduate and extension programs vary. Please refer to Application Deadlines for details
Sonoma State Fall 2018
Feb 14 Views: 455 Comments: 11
- 0 I noticed there was no thread on Fall 2018 applicants so I wanted to start one and get through this together!!
My GPA is 4.0,my TEAS is 89.3, I am already CNA certified, and I get local service points. I have yet to submit my nursing application because I am working on the two essays right now, but hopefully things will go well!!
- Moved to the School / College Programs forum
- I applied too and am anxious to hear back either way. I got a 90.7% on my Teas, get the local points, have a 4.0 in my science pre-reqs but only a 3.6 GPA overall. Hopefully I can get full points on my essays because I am not a pre-nursing SSU student or veteran so I automatically lose those points. Good luck to you!
- My TEAS score was an 81% and my gpa was 3.7. I am also not from the area, so I don't have those points either. Hopefully my essays are a 20. But it doesn't look good for me. Good luck to y'all.
- My TEAS score was an 81% and my gpa is 3.7. I am also not from the area, so I don't have those points either. Hopefully my essays are a 20. But it doesn't look good for me. Good luck to y'all.
- Hi everyone. I have applied to SSU Nursing for fall 2018 as well! I am a CNA. My overall college GPA is 4.0, my TEAS score was 91.3, and I live in the local area. The best of luck to everyone!
- Wow a 91.3% on the teas...great job!!!
- Thank you. Congrats to you as well 90.7% is a great score. At SSU you need a 90.5% go get all of the points in the TEAS category.
- For some reason I was thinking I needed 91% to get the full points. Thanks for letting me know! I'm worried my overall GPA will bring me down because I'm losing a few points for that. I applied to SRJC last lottery and was not selected for the lottery. I applied there again but am not getting my hopes up this time. SSU would be my #1 pick. Do you know when they send out acceptance/non-acceptance emails?
- You're welcome. I received an email from the nursing department stating notifications would be sent by April 1. Do not worry too much. You will be chosen and go where you are meant to. Good luck.
- Good luck everyone! I'm in the junior class and can't wait to meet the new cohort. Last year I received my decision e-mail on March 21st. I'm not sure how many people were on the alternate list, but nobody from that list got in (ie: nobody who was accepted to SSU chose to go anywhere else). The members of our cohort have really varied backgrounds, and we are definitely not all 4.0 students, so don't despair if you are a nontraditional student, or don't have straight A's.
Let me know if you have any questions!
- That's great news to hear! I love your username by the way, it's perfect!