The Neighborhood House Association’s Homework Center hosted a grand re-opening on April 17, 2014. The center has been completely renovated with the support of our partners and donors from HP, Booz Allen Hamilton, Wells Fargo, Point Loma Nazarene, SDG&E, The Hughes Family Foundation and Jacquelyn Sherman-Rustin & Price Charities. The new center also features a modern design, lightweight furniture and open-space work environment. The NHA Homework Center offers a safe after-school study environment to children and teens, grades 3-12, whose circumstances place them at-risk for academic deficiency. The Homework Center is located in the heart of the community, at NHA’s Social Services building. The homework center provides junior high and high school students with a quiet, safe place to study when their alternatives are limited. Use of NHA’s Howework Center is free to qualifying students and features:
- Transportation from Designated Areas to the Homework Center
- New Tablets and Computers
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Homework Help
- Color and Black & White Printers
- Free School Supplies
- Free Healthy Snacks
Download an Enrollment Application
Acceptable Computer Use Policy Form
Transportation Consent Form
Homework assignments and class information can be found on individual teacher webpages. Click on Teacher Websites to locate your teacher's webpage.
Visit the NHS webpage for schedules and information about when tutors are available.
The Khan Academy is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) with the mission of providing a world-class education to anyone, anywhere. There are links to YouTube videos with numerous examples for homework help. Please remember that YouTube is not viewable from within the school building.
AskMN.org: An online service for information and research help available to all Minnesota residents and students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. AskMN is a cooperative service of Minnesota libraries.
Online homework help is available through the Ramsey County Library. The service is free and available in both English and Spanish to anyone with a library card. Students (and parents) can get help with homework seven days a week from 1:00 - 11:00 PM
Homework Rescue offers:
- Live Help - Live online help from expert tutors
- Skills Building - Brush up or catch up with a live tutor
- Writing Lab - Expert online writing assistance
- 24/7 Center - Send a question and get expert help
- Language Lab - Live help for language learners
- Test Center - Prepare for exams using practice tests
- Flashbulb - Create and share flaschcards, tests, and games
- Meet - Schedule sessions with friends in private virtual study room
- Brainwave - Create and share movie-like notes and ideas