The explosion of social media over the past 15 years or so has seen the creation of a new professional role: that of Social Media Intern. Working primarily with social media managers and business development managers, Social Media Interns help companies develop a social media presence. They provide content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other popular social media sites. Social Media Interns communicate with clients, coordinate social media campaigns for marketing or promotions purposes, analyze the use of social media platforms, track social media followings and conduct consumer research. Social Media Interns can work for any type of company interested in building online exposure for their brand or services.
Listed below are the major skills and abilities that Social Media Interns would likely mention in a cover letter:
Take a look at the sample below to see how these qualities can be discussed in an actual Social Media Intern cover letter.
Dear Ms. Henry:
I am interested in being considered for your vacant Social Media Intern position, which I saw listed on your company website. I feel that my background in social networking marketing and communications and my computer skills make me an ideal candidate for this position.
I worked extensively in marketing for over three years and over the past year have developed experience in social media content development and analytics. Over the past nine months, I have worked exclusively in social media marketing management, helping clients increase brand awareness and inbound traffic to company websites.
By applying my strong communication skills, I have been able to build and maintain client and customer relationships that have led to increased sales and revenue for my prior employers. I have written numerous blogs, social media posts, online advertisements and promotional materials.
Listed below are some of my professional highlights and successes that I feel reflect my experience in social media. This list illustrates just a few of my qualifications to fill your Social Media Intern role:
- Oversaw content development for all social media posts and company website for Capri Services
- Created a successful YouTube marketing campaign for Firebird Global, resulting in a 23% increase in sales of the company’s line of electronic door openers
- Increased online traffic to Great Innovations website by more than 40% through extensive social media campaign
- Awarded Bachelor of Arts in Communications from George Mason University
- Awarded Bachelor of Science in Marketing from the University of Illinois at Chicago
Throughout my career, I have successfully collaborated with digital managers, marketing managers, project managers, and social media managers to create or maintain social media accounts, company websites and online marketing campaigns. I have brought a creative and organized approach to every project I have been involved in and will continue to bring these qualities to your organization.
I welcome the opportunity to bring my skill set and experience to your company with the goal of driving and expanding your social media activities. I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your consideration.
Teresa J. Houk
Social Media Manager Cover Letter
Social Media Managers are in charge for managing social media campaigns for multiple clients. Extensive social media experience is required for this position. Responsibilities of a Social Media Manager include: discussing requirements with clients, developing ideas and creating social media campaigns, making suggestions for changes, creating content, collaborating with writers and editors, generating reports, delivering presentations, and supporting the company’s marketing goals.
A successful Social Media Manager cover letter example should emphasize the following abilities:
- An interest in social media and digital technologies
- Business acumen
- Computer proficiency
- Strong writing skills
- Customer service
- Research skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Time management and deadline sensitivity
Similar qualities can be observed in the Social Media Manager cover letter sample displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Social Media Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Foreman:
Achieving success in the social media marketing world requires the ability to update and share relevant content, engage with company followers, and cover special events to stimulate outstanding customer experiences and build a loyal client base. As an enthusiastic marketing professional with a comprehensive knowledge of diverse social media channels and strategies, I am well prepared to offer these strengths—and many others—to make a significant impact on your organization as your next Social Media Manager.
From monitoring trends and analyzing metrics to driving brand awareness and increasing SEO, my expertise can be leveraged to enable successful marketing and online communications strategies. I excel at leading efficient and productive teams and implementing forward-thinking strategies and concepts to create and sustain revenue growth.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- Overseeing social media content for high-profile companies while working effectively and collaboratively with bloggers, fans, and key influencers to propel corporate presence and customer engagement.
- Dramatically increasing website traffic from 7,000 average monthly visitors to more than 29,000 and nearly doubling social referrals from 390 average monthly referrals to 765 as Social Media Manager for Nibo, Inc.
- Creating customer engagement and digital communication initiatives, such as contests and giveaways, to elevate brands’ image.
- Analyzing and reporting social media presence, engagement, and effectiveness across all platforms to boost overall impact and performance.
- Invigorating corporate brand identities through proven and innovative social media strategies designed to incorporate company values and talents.
Considering my proven talent for overseeing the development and management of ambitious social media marketing content—combined with my ability to motivate teams and stimulate enduring customer relationships—I am well positioned to immensely benefit New Vixen. I look forward to discussing the position further with you. Thank you for your consideration.
Nora J. Richards